Tuesday 20 March 2018

12 Questions with Powerlifter Kimberly Walford ( 6 x IPF Op. Raw World Champion)


1) Who is Kimberly Walford? (where are you from, what do you do, a bit about yourself (hobbies, etc)

I’m Just a small town girl from the big city of New York City. I’m a civil servant by day and a powerlifter 24-7. Hobbies are traveling, spending time with my family, broadway shoes, and anything everything) active. 

2) How many years have you been training?

I’ve been training about 26 years (Powerlifting about 17-18 yrs).

3) Whats been the most challenging/hardest part of your journey so far? and how have you overcome them (set backs, rejections, injuries, basically anything difficult that you have had to overcome)

One day I’ll share..;-)  Overcoming injuries - my advice is to do all you can to rehab effectively, surround yourself with a strong support system, and have faith that the injury is temporary. For anything difficult: Try to focus on the positive and good in your life, rely on your support systems for the really crappy moments and to keep your spirits up; remind yourself that although it may not seem it , the situation is only temporary.

4) What does your typical workout/diet routine look like?

My ideal cycle is to train 12-16 weeks. I squat two to three times a week, bench three times a week, and deadlift once a week. Cardio: sprints, ploys, prowler/sled aka “coming to Jesus workout”.

My diet is pretty simple ..high protein, high carbs, and low fat. I focus on eating at least 1g of protein and carbs (per lb of bodyweight) on non-training days and 1.5g-2g of protein/carbs on training days.

5) What new knowledge have you learned over this past year regarding training, lifestyle and nutrition? 

I have learned the importance of understanding how mobility and flexibility can affect lifting technique, strength, and health.

6) Whats your favourite cheat/Treat meal?

My favorite cheat/treat meal is food…lol I love food!!

7) Whats one supplement that you could not live without?

Creatine - increases energy, strength, and endurance... 

8) If you had to start your Journey from scratch with your health & physique what would you do differently and why?

I would have reiterated early on the importance of having good mobility, flexibility, and core strength.

9) Who do you look upto in the fitness industry and why?

Sooooo many people that it would take me to long to name them in this article. I will say that I look up to them because despite their successes they are humble, giving people, who give back to the fitness community as coaches, mentors, and referees.

10) If you had to give one bit of advice to people starting out what would that be?

Believe in yourself and your goals.

11) What new goals do you have on the horizon?

I would like to pull 600 lbs_272.15kg raw and equipped in competition.

12) Where can people find you? (website, social media accounts)

Instagram: @trackfu
FB: Kimberly C. Walford




LATEST 12 QUESTIONS BELOW....................