Saturday 20 November 2021

12 Questions with MMA Fighter Manuela Marconetto

1) Who is Manuela Marconetto? (where are you from, what do you do, a bit about yourself (hobbies, etc) 

I am an England-based Italian pursuing a career as an MMA fighter. I train MMA out of Great Britain Top Team in London with Brad Pickett. I also train at Durrant's Gym with Jon Durrant for striking in London. I am a Flyweight Cagewarriors Southeast Champion and a boxing champion for The big Uk legacy.

I was born with a competitive mindset and since when I was in the womb I had to fight for life as I was one of three monozygotic twins. Everything I do has a purpose, and leads me down the path to becoming a better athlete (and person).

2) How many years have you been training? (Including how you got started, etc) 

I started Muay Thai, K1 at the age of 21 and I have been doing it for 3 years mainly for fitness. At the age of 26, I turned to MMA, and since this point, I completely fell in love with it.  I have also been lifting for many years and I have done CrossFit and a bit of triathlon with my older bro. I  have been training as long as I can remember, starting ballet at age of 4, moving on to tennis, basketball, and water polo.

3) What's been the most challenging/hardest part of your journey so far? and how have you overcome them (setbacks, rejections, injuries, basically anything difficult that you have had to overcome) 

I think my most challenging part has been during the lockdown, and not being able to compete (almost 3 years), and maintaining the disciple to keep training without having any fights scheduled. Also, working as much/little as possible to survive in a city as big as London and to give space for my training.

4) What does your typical workout/diet routine look like? (With any particular protocols you rate).  

I train 5-6 times x week twice sometimes three x day. I train between 10-11.30 Monday to Friday with GBTT and the other sessions which involve Strength running, Pads, and grappling. I usually do my running and training with the team in the morning and the other sessions in the afternoon.

I track my food, and the macro splits change based I how many times I train and what volume I am doing on any particular day. I eat most of my food in the evening after all my sessions as I train best when I am fasted, which is when I do my strength session. When I have to lose weight, I just reduce my calories. 

5) What new knowledge have you learned over this past year regarding training, lifestyle, and nutrition? (And How has it changed your focus for the future) 

Determination, setting up small goals daily and consistency is the key.

6) Whats your favourite cheat/Treat meal?   

Emmmmmmm I have a full list of that...but let's say burger with sweet potatoes fries and as dessert Sicilian brioche with ice cream. My diet is very strict so these types of meals happen no more than one day a week, and certainly not every week (maybe every 2 weeks or when I'm craving it).

7) Whats one supplement that you could not live without? 

Multivitamins.

8) If you had to start your Journey from scratch with both your health & physique what would you do differently and why? 

I would have listened less to the people who said I was only wasting my time and tried to drag me away from what my passions are.I would have loved to have the chance to move to England earlier and to of met my coaches earlier. I would have loved to start MMA sooner and also found gymnastics at a younger age as it makes you a better athlete.

9) Who do you look up to in the fitness industry and why?  

Everyone on my team, they are inspirational. 

10) If you had to give one bit of advice to people starting what would that be? 

Do not listen to people that don't know anything about what are doing, or going to do. The journey comes with a lot of sacrifices and you need to be ready, as without sacrifice you will not get to the level you want.

It's not just about seeing the beauty in the martial arts but also about being ready to be injured (most of the time) and not giving up.

11) What new goals do you have on the horizon? 

I would like to reach the highest level I can do based on my age, ability, and skills.

12) Where can people find you? (website, social media accounts) 

My IG: Manuela Marconetto (The_Butchers_Daughter)



LATEST 12 QUESTIONS BELOW....................