Sunday 11 March 2018

12 Questions with Graeme Tomlinson (The Fitness Chef)


1) Who is Graeme Tomlinson? (where are you from, what do you do, a bit about yourself (hobbies, etc)

I’m from Scotland in the U.K. I’m an online personal trainer & nutrition coach. I also have my Instagram page which I’m always uploading content on. My hobbies include going to the gym, cricket, golf, football, tennis and visiting new places!

2) How many years have you been training?

I’ve been training in the gym since I was 16. However, back then I had no idea what I was doing! It wasn’t until I was able to train with Australian cricketers and coaches that I began to learn a few things about the gym!

3) Whats been the most challenging/hardest part of your journey so far? and how have you overcome them (set backs, rejections, injuries, basically anything difficult that you have had to overcome)

Great question. In the early days of my Instagram page, I got a lot of negativity towards it from so called friends. ‘Embarrassing’, ‘rubbish’, ‘worst thing I’ve ever seen’ and so on. It’s not easy when you don’t feel supported. It’s funny how a couple of years later these same people are now praising my work.

4) What does your typical workout/diet routine look like?

I train 4/5 days per week with a mix of powerlift style training, functional movement and isolation. In terms of diet, I usually start the day with protein porridge, whilst other meals will vary but always include meat, fish, veg and likely sweet potato, rice, pasta or even bread.

5) What new knowledge have you learned over this past year regarding training, lifestyle and nutrition?

I’ve learned more about the myths we have in the Fitness industry and why it’s important we set them straight.

6) Whats your favourite cheat/Treat meal?

I wouldn’t say I eat ‘cheat’ meals because I believe anything can be included into a good diet. But as a treat I do like nailing a big pizza!

7) Whats one supplement that you could not live without?

I think the supplement I use the most is whey. I could probably live without it, but it’s a great, quick way to top up protein when you don’t have time to prep food.

8) If you had to start your Journey from scratch with your health & physique what would you do differently and why?

I wouldn’t have wasted about 4 years doing the same terrible programme in my early 20s. I would have opened my eyes to thing things I now know about training and nutrition.

9) Who do you look upto in the fitness industry and why?

I’m really impressed with James Smith. His videos are hilarious, but in addition his message is powerful and based on facts. The fitness industry has become very vague over the last decade. He’s calling some of the rubbish for what it is - and that’s important.

10) If you had to give one bit of advice to people starting out what would that be?

Turn up. You cannot achieve anything unless you’re physically there. Whether that’s at the gym or in the kitchen cooking a meal that’s going to support your goals. Once you’re there, you’ll probably do it. If you don’t turn up it’s already over.

11) What new goals do you have on the horizon?

In 2018 I launched my first ever 1-2-1 online coaching platform called Absolute Fit. I’ll be focusing heavily on helping clients in a unique way whilst myth busting and cooking up new recipes on Instagram!

12) Where can people find you? (website, social media accounts)

www.fitnesschef.uk
Instagram: thefitnesschef_

LATEST 12 QUESTIONS BELOW....................