Friday 26 November 2021

12 Questions with Athlete and Coach Taylar Stallings

1) Who is Taylar Stallings? (where are you from, what do you do, a bit about yourself (hobbies, etc)

I was born in Chattanooga, TN but was raised in Augusta, GA from 5 through high school. I am the Owner/Head coach/Player for the Orlando Aces, I own a customized remote training fitness programming company called TaylarMadeMeDoIt, and I am a licensed realtor (#YourStrongRealtor).

I love ANYTHING involving music, poetry, dancing, and the arts of any kind! I love watching people in their respective crafts perform the "unimaginables" in life. 

2) How many years have you been training? (Including how you got started, etc)

Shoot I don't know. I guess I would have to say whatever age kindergarten or 1st grade was. I remember watching the Lady Vols (University of Tennessee) play basketball and knew I wanted to play ball when I grew up. That's when my love for anything athletic began. 

I used to make up my own workouts with my dad during the 1st/2nd grade, run around the house "x" times before dinner, started playing basketball in 3rd grade, found track and field in 5th, and weightlifting and volleyball in high school.

3) Whats been the most challenging/hardest part of your journey so far? and how have you overcome them (set backs, rejections, injuries, basically anything difficult that you have had to overcome) 

So many challenges and set backs. Being cut from teams or "demoted". Went from being leading scorer in basketball to the coach benching me with limited to no playing time with no real reasoning as to why. This allowed me to transition my focus to track and field in which I was able to secure a scholarship. Then throughout sports countless set backs from being a foot away from All American status in college, a HS walk away from qualifying for the Games, being selected to represent the USA in weightlifting only to have been promised to compete, then taken away within a week of competition, most recently dealing with an elbow, hip and knee issue over the past year that has hinder any normal training...just to name a few. But through EVERYTHING there was always a bigger picture on the other side and success in other forms that showed me what "my plan" may be may not always be "His plan."

4) What does your typical workout/diet routine look like? (With any particular protocols you rate).  

Lately, my workout consists of just trying to get something in at least 3-4times a week. Mainly olympic lifting/powerlifting workouts and light cardio. Tons of accessory work to hit areas of weaknesses I know I need to build back. Diet....don't eat like an ass. lol Currently try to make sure I include veggies in some fashion in every meal, more fruits, healthy amounts of protein and whatever else my nutritionist Jess Krezmein of One Percent Better tells me to do!

5) What new knowledge have you learned over this past year regarding training, lifestyle and nutrition? (And How has it changed your focus for the future) 

I've learned over the past year that even through injuries doesn't mean you're incapable of what you've already built. Placing focus and quality focus on areas I can train through without hindering my healing process will help me come back stronger by building areas of weaknesses that were once neglected before. Also, when situations change/shifts, if its truly a lifestyle for you, you will know how to adapt to any situation. Lastly, nutrition doesn't lie! You can train allll you want, but if that nutrition isn't on point, it will show in every aspect of your life. 

6) Whats your favourite cheat/Treat meal? 

Anything with pasta and marinara and a juicy burger... not fast food garbage, but the real deal medium rare with a fried egg on it!

7) Whats one supplement that you could not live without?

Protein (need to be fish oil. getting back to it!)

8) If you had to start your Journey from scratch with both your health & physique what would you do differently and why?

I honestly don't think I would have done anything differently. Everything I am today has been from the mistakes, my relentlessness to succeed, and the situations I was placed in.

9) Who do you look upto in the fitness industry and why?

hmmm this is a tough one..many people I respect and look up to for various reasons. I would probably have to say my past 2 crossfit coaches Chris Gartrell and Justin Cotler. They saw something beyond my natural talent as a strength athlete and help build and bring more out of me in my weaker areas to believe I can compete with anybody no matter what. They do that with all their athletes and I strive to hopefully do, be able to deliver the same to my athletes as well because of them.

10) If you had to give one bit of advice to people starting out what would that be?

Take your time learning and perfecting the fundamentals and basics! Your performance will always fall back to how solid your foundation is when you're tired and under fatigue. If you are patient with building your foundation you will surpass those who rush the process and will be able to perform consistently and effectively over time. Also, have a true and developed "why". Goals will change, but your WHY will not. Shift your goals to support your why and you will find constant success!

11) What new goals do you have on the horizon?

Get back into competing...either on the weightlifting platform or crossfit floor...who knows....but I'm getting the itch again..

12) Where can people find you? (website, social media accounts)

Taylarmadefitness.com
instagram: @Taylarmade @TaylarMadeMeDoIt @OrlandoAces
Facebook: Taylar Stallings


LATEST 12 QUESTIONS BELOW....................