Friday 10 December 2021

12 Questions with CrossFit/Grid League Athlete Evelyn Balich

1) Who is Evelyn Balich? (where are you from, what do you do, a bit about yourself (hobbies, etc) 


My name is Evelyn, I am from Argentina, I am a public accountant received in my country but currently I dedicate myself much more to Crossfit as an athlete, and two years ago I joined the grid league team so I could also call myself a grid athlete haha


2) How many years have you been training? (Including how you got started, etc) 


I started doing crossfit 5 years ago, in 2017 but I only took regular classes, in my life I had done another sport that was not swimming so I did not have a good training and definitely starting each crossfit exercise from scratch was extremely difficult but I always I trusted myself and I was able to move forward, at the end of 2018 I began to want to compete seriously and have another type of preparation, you know how truly a competitive athlete,


3) Whats been the most challenging/hardest part of your journey so far? and how have you overcome them (set backs, rejections, injuries, basically anything difficult that you have had to overcome) 


The hardest thing was starting from scratch and wanting to have everything already on the table when you know that you have a long way to go, a lot of people judging and saying that you can't sometimes that in the mind plays against you and I admit that I have I've been sad about it but today after so much work I'm happy, because to really get to the place you want, I understood that if you don't work, no one will do it for you and if you are sure of what you are, you don't need to prove anything, another worrying thing was that a A month before my grid league debut last year I broke my biceps but it was successfully resolved thanks to my kinesiologist from

Argentina!


4) What does your typical workout/diet routine look like? (With any particular protocols you rate).  


My routine and how I habit is to try to be as fit as possible to train and compete that means eating healthy and doing my planning 5 times a week


5) What new knowledge have you learned over this past year regarding training, lifestyle and nutrition? (And How has it changed your focus for the future) 


This last time training and competing in the United States I was able to learn a lot about another culture and about the mentality that I am still working on, here people are really strong mentally and that is what matters I think even if you are the most skilled without that you do not get anything


6) Whats your favourite cheat/Treat meal?   


definitely pizza with extra cheese and fries lol


7) Whats one supplement that you could not live without? 


I currently take omega 3 and vitamins, but I could not live without taking monster ahaha it is not a supplement but I do not usually eat sweets and that is something that saves my workouts along with coffee


8) If you had to start your Journey from scratch with both your health & physique what would you do differently and why? 


I would not really change anything about who I am today and as I started, maybe in principle I regret not having taken things seriously more


9) Who do you look upto in the fitness industry and why?   


I don't have a favorite, I just admire many of my friends who have always worked hard to achieve something and when you know that path and sacrifice you feel pride and admiration for that.


10) If you had to give one bit of advice to people starting out what would that be? 


have patience! and believe in yourself, it is the only thing you need because it is a long way, it is not easy but it will be worth it


11) What new goals do you have on the horizon? 


My goals are soon the open for Latin America and continue training for upcoming competitions such as wodapalooza


12) Where can people find you? (website, social media accounts) 


In my Instagram account Evelynbalich 💪🏽🙂

LATEST 12 QUESTIONS BELOW....................