Friday 15 November 2019

12 Questions with Crossfit Athlete Jared Stevens


1) Who is Jared Stevens? (where are you from, what do you do, a bit about yourself (hobbies, etc)

I grew up on a small farm in idaho. My mother and father taught me about hard work and living on a farm there was plenty of it.. I have always been competitive so sports were a natural fit for me also it got me out of a lot of the farm work being at practice everyday lol. My mother homeschooled me until 8th grade, and that’s when I started playing football - And Football became my main focus (I played until I was 25yr old).

2) How many years have you been training? (Including how you got started, etc).

My first ever lifting session was when I was 12 and my step brother had me max bench press on one of those cheep bench press sets with the concrete plates. I started taking training serious when I was 15 meaning I didn’t skip training on holidays or summer breaks. My step brother is a huge reason that I fell in love with working out -  He was Jacked, very patient, and motivating.

3) Whats been the most challenging/hardest part of your journey so far? and how have you overcome them (set backs, rejections, injuries, basically anything difficult that you have had to overcome).

Overcoming injuries from football that carried over to CF has been an ongoing issue. I understand that part of competing is injuries so I try to not complain about it when it happens. I have to say that People have been the hardest part of my journey, but at the same time the best part.

4) What does your typical workout/diet routine look like? (With any particular protocols you rate).

5 days a week I will do a strength/conditioning/skill/ conditioning, or something close to this. I try to stay active and busy on my off days. I count macros with the help of Working Against Gravity…so check ins, and weekly chats are part of keeping me accountable. I have a good Supplement company that I work with called Driven Nutrition which helps a ton with my recovery.

5) What new knowledge have you learned over this past year regarding training, lifestyle and nutrition? (And How has it changed your focus for the future). 

The biggest thing that I have learned in the last year both personally and from a training perspective is that no matter what I do someone is going to be upset or not agree with me. So I have to discern if I am making the correct decision for me and the people around me or if I am letting outside chatter sway me. For Future endeavors I really need to be better about seeing peoples intent.

6) Whats your favourite cheat/Treat meal?

I really like french toast, and something about traveling always makes me want ice cream. There has been times I have had ice cream everyday on trips (fitness related or not).

7) Whats one supplement that you could not live without?

Creatine is probably the most beneficial supplement due to the amount of research that is about there about it (and price).

8) If you had to start your Journey from scratch with both your health & physique what would you do differently and why?

I would Play a different position in football, or not play at all. The head trauma that I suffered during my time playing football is still bothering me today, along with a lot of aches and pains. I would also focus more on nutrition, range of motion, and overall health.

9) Who do you look upto in the fitness industry and why?

I look up to anyone who is consistent, treats others with respect, and leads by example.

10) If you had to give one bit of advice to people starting out what would that be?

Nutrition is number one, and then Keep the long game in mind in what your doing. We are a now a society into fitness and this leads to injury and getting burned out. Start with the basics, lay the foundation, then the gains will come pouring in.

11) What new goals do you have on the horizon? 

To capitalize on the success that I have had in new endeavors, and broadening my reach to help more people.

12) Where can people find you? (website, social media accounts)

Instagram: @JAREDWAYNESTEVENS 

LATEST 12 QUESTIONS BELOW....................