Friday 3 December 2021

12 Questions with CrossFit Coach & Athlete Laura Sanchez

1) Who is Laura Sanchez (where are you from, what do you do, a bit about yourself? (hobbies, etc) 

Im from Venezuela, and I’m currently living in United States. I am Personal Trainer, Crossfit Coach (About to be Certified) and Crossfit Athlete. I’m currently studying to be a Nutrition Coach and building my brand Laudices Training

My hobbie is training! Lol. I love to workout I literally can’t function without it

2) How many years have you been training? (Including how you got started, etc) 

Woww I started sports at the age of 9 years old, I was gymnast and I stayed there until I was 15 years old. After that I started Crossfit with my parents haha until now so we are talking about 12 years? Wow!

3) Whats been the most challenging/hardest part of your journey so far? and how have you overcome them? (set backs, rejections, injuries, basically anything difficult that you have had to overcome) 

I would say the hardest thing I went through was when I almost broke my quad, I was doing split jerks and when I was going to re-rack it my back arched and the bar fell on my leg with 185lbs, that happend 2 weeks before a really important competition Southfit Challenge, but it was also after the qualifying for the 2020 CrossFit Games, The doctors said that I needed time to see if I was going to heal ok, because if not I had to have a surgery, that was a really hard process but I stayed positive and with faith and we did it!! 3 months later I was competing in Wodapalooza in the RX division. Definitely I believe I was able to keep going because I never saw everything lost I was always seeing the good in everything, since that I face the challenges in a different way!

4) What does your typical workout/diet routine look like? (With any particular protocols you rate).  

Well, My program has 3 sections Am-Midday-Pm
I used to start working out at like 10am and I do a long sesion with food and rest in between.

Im currently eating 2900-3000 calories (Im about to eat more) and it’s basically bases on 3 main meals Breakfast- Lunch- Dinner and 2-3 Snacks.

5) What new knowledge have you learned over this past year regarding training, lifestyle and nutrition? (And How has it changed your focus for the future) 

Talking about training, this year I’m with a new coach. Im doing a personalized program for me and He’s teaching me to listen to my body, take care of it etc. About the Nutrition since I’m studying to be a Nutrition coach, the things that I’ve learned in there are phenomenal haha, I started to pay more attention to the ingredients and I actually know what are those.

6) Whats your favourite cheat/Treat meal?

Pizza.
  
7) Whats one supplement that you could not live without? 

Creatine!

8) If you had to start your Journey from scratch with both your health & physique what would you do differently and why? 

Absolutely nothing, I am where I want to be and where the universe want me to be. I’m extremely thankful of how my journey went these years…

9) Who do you look upto in the fitness industry and why?   

I admire almost all of the Crossfit Games athletes, I don’t have a favorite. I’m in a constant competition with myself and I want to get better and better everyday. When I started Crossfit I could say that that could be my dad. He was really good at Crossfit, he will be back soon.

10) If you had to give one bit of advice to people starting out what would that be?

Enjoy every second of your workout, improve your nutrition habits, and you are your only competition.

11) What new goals do you have on the horizon? 

I’ve been working on my brand Laudices Training for a little while, A lot of projects are coming up. 

I’m also really focused in my training to qualify again to the CrossFit Games with the help of @coachbenchy , either Team or Individual, this coming year or next but we will… 

12) Where can people find you? (website, social media accounts)

Instagram: @laudice8 & @CoachLaudice
Facebook: Laura Sánchez
Website availing soon

LATEST 12 QUESTIONS BELOW....................