Wednesday 21 June 2017

12 Questions with James Smith


1) Who is James Smith? (where are you from, what do you do, a bit about yourself (hobbies, etc) 

I am 28, from Windsor - I've played rugby my whole life and began PT'ing when I was 24, I worked various roles in Sales before hand and I even spent a season in New Zealand playing rugby. I now live in Sydney and operate an online PT business.


2) How many years have you been training?

I got into weights when living in NZ when I was 23, I didn't particularly know what I was doing before then. This was when I realised I needed to learn a lot more about "fitness" and the journey began.

3) Whats been the hardest part of your journey so far? and how have you overcome them (set backs, rejections, injuries, basically anything difficult that you have had to overcome)

Probably getting established in Sydney, I went from a gym with 6 other PT's to a gym with 32. Sydney is one of the highest paying and most competitive environments to get a face to face PT business running. This is when I hit my online stuff a lot harder and ended up experience pretty large growth.

4) What does your typical workout/diet routine look like

I skateboard everywhere in Sydney and I attend crossfit here and there when I can't be arsed to do my own programming. I weight train here and there but I find that crossfit is actually more transferable into rugby so I'm putting my eggs into that basket at the moment. I get all my meals cooked at delivered because I'll be honest, I am awful at cooking anything apart from a 2,000 calorie breakfast!

5) What have you learned over the past year regarding training, lifestyle and nutrition?

A lot, I now absorb a lot of science based / evidence based podcasts and books and my field of expertise is really communicating that to the people who don't understand it, general populations in particular.

6) Whats your favourite cheat/Treat meal?

Haha I am actually anti-cheat meals. I like to eat something hedonic every day, we got this low calorie ice cream here in Aus called Halo Top, probably that!

7) one supplement that you could not live without?

Magnesium Spray (before bed)

8) If you had to start out from scratch with your physique what would you do differently and why?

I'd keep on top of mobility and probably rehab my rugby injuries properly!

9) Who do you look upto in the fitness industry and why? 

My main influencer is Phil Learney, he not only educated me on how to best deal with my clients, especially with empathy but he inspired me in which direction to take my business. He motivated me the most to do things I didn't think I would ever do, like hosting a seminar with 170 people attending. He's also a top bloke in person.

10) If you had to give one bit of advice to people starting out what would that be?

Sometimes it's not worth giving up 95% of your life for a 5% change in bodyweight.

11) What new goals are on the horizon? (new goals, aims, etc)

I am going to launch an educational platform and move into more of an educator/influencer role to general populations, there's a lot of misguiding information out there. I don't want to sell out and sell "plans" I want to educate people so they can build their own!

12) Where can people find you? (website, social media accounts) 

Facebook: James Smith Training 
Insta: jamessmith_training www.famousdailyemails.com 

I've got over 8,000 people on my list for my marketing emails as there are no limits to what I write about!


LATEST 12 QUESTIONS BELOW....................