Tuesday 1 May 2018

12 Questions With CrossFit Athlete/Coach Tammi Robinson


1) Who is Tammi Robinson? (where are you from, what do you do, a bit about yourself (hobbies, etc)

I am originally from Johannesburg, South Africa. You would never tell with my full blown Australian accent though. I am a Crossfit coach and fitness fanatic. My hobbies include eating, surfing, drinking beer and training.

2) How many years have you been training?

I've been really active for as long as I can remember. But I started Crossfit near towards the end of 2013.

3) Whats been the most challenging/hardest part of your journey so far? and how have you overcome them (set backs, rejections, injuries, basically anything difficult that you have had to overcome)

I've had a few injuries along the way. Injuries are always a hard obstacle to overcome. They tend to draw your attention to the negatives, making you focus on what you can't do, instead of what you CAN do.

4) What does your typical workout/diet routine look like?

When my training is in full swing. I stick to a macro based diet during the week. But allow myself to splurge a little on the weekends. A normal day of training would consist of 1-1.5 hours of conditioning in the mornings, and a weightlifting session in the afternoon.

5) What new knowledge have you learned over this past year regarding training, lifestyle and nutrition? 

Being a workaholic I found that I ran myself to the ground. Working all day and training all day with minimal sleep was less than ideal. I've learnt that the best thing I could do for my body treating it well. That includes sleeping well and following a diet that is tailored to my needs. It makes a massive difference when you're eating the right things.

6) Whats your favourite cheat/Treat meal?

Chocolate and flaming cheeto cheese popcorn!

7) One supplement that you could not live without?

N/a  

8) If you had to start out from scratch with your physique what would you do differently and why?

Nothing, I don't train to for aesthetics. I am happy being fit and healthy.

9) Who do you look upto in the fitness industry and why?

Jamie Greene. She has a great work ethic and is so genuine. One of the nicest people I know.

10) If you had to give one bit of advice to people starting out what would that be?

Make working out the best part of your day. Have fun with it. It doesn't need to be super serious.

11) What new goals are on the horizon?

No new goals. My aim in life is to stay active until old age.

12) Where can people find you? (website, social media accounts)

Instagram : tamarind111



LATEST 12 QUESTIONS BELOW....................