Sunday 7 January 2018

12 Questions with Sean Velas


1) Who is Sean Velas? (where are you from, what do you do, a bit about yourself (hobbies, etc)

Born and raised in Miami, Fl. I co-own CrossFit Soul Miami and teach the CrossFit Specialty Course: Gymnastics. I grew up doing Kung Fu and Tai Chi before I started CrossFit and Olympic Weightlifting.

2) How many years have you been training?

I have been doing CrossFit since 2007

3) Whats been the most challenging/hardest part of your journey so far? and how have you overcome them (set backs, rejections, injuries, basically anything difficult that you have had to overcome)

After competing in the American Open in 2014, a couple back injuries have set me back to try to compete. I am trying to make weightlifting a priority this year and make it back to the American open.

4) What does your typical workout/diet routine look like?

I am not too crazy with my diet. I compete at 62k but usually float around 64-66k so dropping weight is never really an issue for me (thank goodness). I usually train 5-6 days a week in Oly and a couple conditioning pieces every now an then.

5) What new knowledge have you learned over this past year regarding training, lifestyle and nutrition?

As the years have gone by, I have gotten smarter with training. Before I thought I was still young and could always go so hard every day but injuries have made me realize I need to be way smarter.

6) Whats your favourite cheat/Treat meal?

DONUTS!

7) one supplement that you could not live without? 

Using Progenex has always been a staple in my training.

8) If you had to start out from scratch with your physique what would you do differently and why?

I think my fitness journey has been great. Learning a lot of stuff throughout the years from regular weight training to being more specific in Olympic Lifting and Gymnastics has been unforgettable.

9) Who do you look upto in the fitness industry and why?

Chris Spealler is my all time favorite. Watching videos of him on the CrossFit main site years ago was awesome.

10) If you had to give one bit of advice to people starting out what would that be?

Enjoy the journey. I always tell people not to rush and enjoy the process.

11) What new goals are on the horizon?

This past year I made it a goal to compete in a lot of stuff. I competed in my first powerlifting meet and my first half marathon. My goal this year is to push myself in Olympic Weightlifting again.

12) Where can people find you? (website, social media accounts)

@soulsean on instagram




LATEST 12 QUESTIONS BELOW....................