Saturday 3 March 2018

12 Questions with CrossFit Athlete Kristin Holte


1) Who is Kristin Holte? (where are you from, what do you do, a bit about yourself (hobbies, etc)

I am from Oslo, Norway. I am 31 years old and I am an professional Crossfit athlete. I have a bachelor degree in Sports Biology and a master degree in clinical nutrition.

2) How many years have you been training?

I started Crossfit in May 2012.

3) Whats been the most challenging/hardest part of your journey so far? and how have you overcome them (set backs, rejections, injuries, basically anything difficult that you have had to overcome)

The most challenging parts has been all the injuries; I have had an collapsed lunge from acupuncture needle, a bulged disc in my back, a partially torn achilles, carpal tunnel surgery and other smaller aches and pains. In the beginning I was so angry and sad whenever I got an injury and felt like it was so unfair…but I have learned to think that things happens for a reason and that you can choose yourself how to deal with an injury and every time I have come back stronger and better.

4) What does your typical workout/diet routine look like?

I workout twice a day 5 x a week, one day with swimming and one rest day. I eat mostly clean and healthy food, and try to eat as much as possible whenever I am hungry.

5) What new knowledge have you learned over this past year regarding training, lifestyle and nutrition?

To be patient, it takes time to become a really good athlete. And that there is always something I can get better at.

6) Whats your favourite cheat/Treat meal?

Norwegian candy or pastries.

7) Whats one supplement that you could not live without?

Omega 3 and Vitamin C from Puori.

8) If you had to start your Journey from scratch with your health & physique what would you do differently and why?

I would make sure that I was better at listening to my body

9) Who do you look upto in the fitness industry and why?

I look up to those people and athletes that dare to be different, dare to go their own paths and try out new things to be the best in their sport.

10) If you had to give one bit of advice to people starting out what would that be?

Be patient, work hard and believe in yourself!!

11) What new goals do you have on the horizon?

To become a better Crossfit athlete than I was in 2017. 

12) Where can people find you? (website, social media accounts)

Instagram: @holtekristin
Facebook: Kristin Holte



LATEST 12 QUESTIONS BELOW....................