Monday 25 November 2019

12 Questions with CrossFit Athlete Brooke Haas


1) Who is Brooke Haas? (where are you from, what do you do, a bit about yourself (hobbies, etc).

I’m originally from small town USA in Minnesota, but live currently in Florida. I am an Account Manager at a local catering company. I enjoy all things fitness, beach cruising, going out with friends and football season.

2) How many years have you been training? (Including how you got started, etc)

I’ve been doing CrossFit since 2013. I started after I tore my ACL playing Rugby, and was told I should avoid doing level 3 contact sports.

3) Whats been the most challenging/hardest part of your journey so far? and how have you overcome them (set backs, rejections, injuries, basically anything difficult that you have had to overcome)

The hardest part of the journey so far has been trying to keep up with the sport itself honestly. If your not constantly training to be your best, working on new training pieces, or working on weaknesses- you’ll get left in the dust.

4) What does your typical workout/diet routine look like? (With any particular protocols you rate).

I train Monday- Wednesday, take Thursday as an active recovery day (swim run or long ruck), train Friday and do Competition training Saturday & Sunday. I have a Nutrition Coach with @blackironnutrition and follow specific Macros with that.

5) What new knowledge have you learned over this past year regarding training, lifestyle and nutrition? (And How has it changed your focus for the future)

As I’ve gotten a little older, I’ve noticed I don’t recover as quickly- so rest and recovery have become a BIG priority. It is something I ignored in the past, but to be able to compete in this Sport for the long haul I will continue to incorporate it more so.

6) Whats your favourite cheat/Treat meal?

Funfetti cupcakes 🧁

7) Whats one supplement that you could not live without?

Chike Coffee Whey Protein- protein+real espresso coffee+deliciousness!

8) If you had to start your Journey from scratch with both your health & physique what would you do differently and why?

Find solid training partners and a QUALITY coach who believes in you immediately.

9) Who do you look upto in the fitness industry and why?

I look up to people who work hard day in and day out, not just the people at the top of the sport....That’s great and all, but seeing someone work towards a goal , continuously; and achieve it- that’s gold and very inspiring.

10) If you had to give one bit of advice to people starting out what would that be?

Enjoy the journey fully and never let it feel like a job- truly enjoy it all....

11) What new goals do you have on the Horizon?

ROMWODMeatSquad Games in 2020, podium.

12) Where can people find you? (website, social media accounts)

IG is @brookedahook



LATEST 12 QUESTIONS BELOW....................