Wednesday 24 November 2021

12 Questions with CrossFit Athlete Alyssa Martinez

1) Who is Alyssa Martinez? (where are you from, what do you do, a bit about yourself (hobbies, etc)

Hello my name is Alyssa Martinez I’m from Miami, FL. I just finished schooling I am now a EMT/FIREFIGHTER, finishing the hiring process now actually. I am a pure CrossFit athlete, tried weightlifting and did not like it. I tore my Labrum a year ago and still am trying to recover from it, so far I’m doing pretty well at getting back. 

2) How many years have you been training? (Including how you got started, etc) 

Well one day my family and I were going for a walk and saw a CrossFit gym near my house so we decided to try it out and ever since then I’ve fallen in love with it. It’s been about 6 years now.

3) Whats been the most challenging/hardest part of your journey so far? and how have you overcome them (set backs, rejections, injuries, basically anything difficult that you have had to overcome) 

The hardest part for me was watching everyone workout and compete in GRID in 2020 and not being able because I was in a sling just coming out of surgery. It defiantly was a huge set back for me.  

4) What does your typical workout/diet routine look like? (With any particular protocols you rate).

Typically me and my boyfriend go to the gym Monday- Fridays from 2pm till about 6 pm. We both follow Freakin Nutrition to keep us on track.

5) What new knowledge have you learned over this past year regarding training, lifestyle and nutrition? (And How has it changed your focus for the future) 

We have defiantly learned how to track macros a lot easier, as well as trying to accommodate myself to the workout without being able to do most movements. 

6) Whats your favourite cheat/Treat meal?

Icecream all day everyday 

7) Whats one supplement that you could not live without? 

I don’t rely on any supplement really but I do take pre workout once in a while.

8) If you had to start your Journey from scratch with both your health & physique what would you do differently and why? 

I would of started using macros a lot sooner.

9) Who do you look upto in the fitness industry and why?   

My amazing boyfriend, he’s my everyday workout partner that constantly pushes me to be the best I can and I love him so much for it!

10) If you had to give one bit of advice to people starting out what would that be? 

Never give up! Even when the journey gets hard.

11) What new goals do you have on the horizon? 

To get my shoulder healthier again and to be able to do things I use to do but better! 

12) Where can people find you? (website, social media accounts) 

Instagram- @alyssaa_martinezzz

LATEST 12 QUESTIONS BELOW....................