Thursday 2 December 2021

12 Questions With CrossFit Athlete and Strongwoman Juile Rader

1) Who is Julie Rader? (where are you from, what do you do, a bit about yourself (hobbies, etc) 

I grew up in Tulsa Oklahoma.  Currently live in Bentonville, ARkansas. Work for Walmart where I spend my days working on Made in America.  When I’m not working or working out I like to spend time gardening or at the park with our dogs 

2) How many years have you been training? (Including how you got started, etc)

I think I have always trained.  I competed in track in college at Oklahoma State, throwing the discus, shot, hammer and weight.  After college I started CrossFit because I didn’t know what else to do.  A few years into CrossFit I competed in my first strongman competition.  6 months later I competed for Strongest Woman in the World and finished 4th. 

3) Whats been the most challenging/hardest part of your journey so far? and how have you overcome them (set backs, rejections, injuries, basically anything difficult that you have had to overcome) 

The hardest part is working in training with a full time job that is often on the road.  I have made some great friends all over the world that let me drop into their gyms to help me keep training while traveling.

4) What does your typical workout/diet routine look like? (With any particular protocols you rate).  

I can’t tell you my workout secrets 😄

My husband would say making enough protein for my diet is exhausting (he is the cook).  If I’m Training for a strongman competition I’m eating 200-250g of protein a day.  Typical foods include salmon, filet, eggs and chicken. Regular life is not quite as intense. 

5) What new knowledge have you learned over this past year regarding training, lifestyle and nutrition? (And How has it changed your focus for the future) 

This past year has just been a continuation of training.  John Bauman who has been programming for me
Since I was 18 has done a great job of just keeping on.   

6) Whats your favourite cheat/Treat meal?

Donuts 🍩 

7) Whats one supplement that you could not live without?  

Centermag or beet Elite 

8) If you had to start your Journey from scratch with both your health & physique what would you do differently and why? 

This is a very difficult question, I’m very happy with who I am, and where I am so I don’t think I would change a thing.

9) Who do you look upto in the fitness industry and why?

My fellow Team mates @ Gainesville Wild!!   

10) If you had to give one bit of advice to people starting out what would that be?

It’s not about where you start, it’s about what you do with what you are given at the start. Work hard, keep your head down and chase what you want for you. 

11) What new goals do you have on the horizon?

Florida Grid Leage 2022 championships for the Gainesville Wild 

12) Where can people find you? (website, social media accounts) 

Instagram @raderjd

LATEST 12 QUESTIONS BELOW....................