Friday 2 November 2018

12 Questions With Garage Athlete Britt Weikle


1) Who is Britt Weikle? (where are you from, what do you do, a bit about yourself (hobbies, etc)

I’m originally from Arizona and did most of my growing up in a very small town here - Tonopah, AZ. I’m a stay at home mom to two little girls who are just under a year apart. They are 3 and 4 right now. I don’t have time for a lot of hobbies outside of weightlifting right now!

2) How many years have you been training? (Including how you got started, etc)

I’ve been lifting 2.5 years now. I got started when my youngest daughter was about 8 months old because I was tired of not having time for myself. I started out with a pull up bar and a barbell with some random weights in my garage. 

3) Whats been the most challenging/hardest part of your journey so far? and how have you overcome them (set backs, rejections, injuries, basically anything difficult that you have had to overcome) 

So many different challenges in the last two years, but the hardest has been trying to reach my goals while also being a mom and a wife. My kids just recently started sleeping all night long so that’s helping me recover better these days! I eat most of my meals standing up, sometimes I have to work out at 10 o’clock at night, it hasn’t been easy but I love it. 


4) What does your typical workout/diet routine look like? (With any particular protocols you rate). 

I workout 6 days a week usually, sometimes 5 days or a few days twice a day - it usually depends on if I didn’t get to finish because my kids woke up from naps early. I eat mostly meat and rice, along with yogurt, protein bars/shakes/pancakes. 

5) What new knowledge have you learned over this past year regarding training, lifestyle and nutrition? (And How has it changed your focus for the future).

As far as training goes, I’ve been learning a few Olympic lifts that I’ve never attempted until this year. Lifestyle - I learned about minimalism and I’ve been throwing or giving away so much my stuff. And nutrition wise, I’ve stopped overthinking it so much. Anything that makes it easier and faster for me to eat is what I do now! 

6) Whats your favourite cheat/Treat meal?

Goldfish are my favorite snack but a whole meal would have to be a double double and fries from In n Out. 

7) Whats one supplement that you could not live without?

I used to say preworkout... but now it’s definitely intra workout - Coalition Nutrition sent me some and my workouts are so much better now! Never would have thought it would make such a big difference for me. 

8) If you had to start your Journey from scratch with both your health & physique what would you do differently and why?

I think if I would have had a more specific goal from the beginning it would have helped me be further along than I am now. 

9) Who do you look upto in the fitness industry and why?

I don’t know about who I look up to in the fitness industry, but I will say that there quite a few people I follow on Instagram that inspire me. I love seeing other people who have families/households and jobs outside of the fitness industry succeed at whatever they are trying to accomplish in the gym. That’s discipline! 

10) If you had to give one bit of advice to people starting out what would that be?

It takes time. Whatever your goal is, it takes a lot more time than you initially anticipate. Sticking to it requires discipline, not motivation. 

11) What new goals do you have on the horizon?

Goals have always been the same, get bigger and stronger - Maybe eventually compete in something. 

 12) Where can people find you? (website, social media accounts)

Instagram, @britt_weikle

LATEST 12 QUESTIONS BELOW....................