Saturday 10 March 2018

12 Questions with CrossFit Athlete Helena Falk


1) Who is Helena Falk? (where are you from, what do you do, a bit about yourself (hobbies, etc)

I´m from Stockholm, Sweden. I´m a mother of 2 (13 and 15years old), my profession is a clothing designer, running my company “Blanc Label” since 1,5years. I am also a character in the TV show, Gladiators. My name is Sky and the outfit is like wonderwoman.

2) How many years have you been training?

Crossfit 5 years and before that I have a background as a boxer. I have been training martial arts all my life, karate, Kungfu and boxing.

3) Whats been the most challenging/hardest part of your journey so far? and how have you overcome them (set backs, rejections, injuries, basically anything difficult that you have had to overcome)


It´s always a challenge for me to plan my time with work, kids, training and competitions. As a boxer I had support from the Olympic committee so I know how important it is for the recovery and performace to not stress and be able to train and sleep enough. Since I quit as an employee and started my own company it is easier for me to plan my time and I can be more flexible! I have been quite lucky from injuries, but since a while now I´m suffering jumpers knee which limits me from squatting and weightlifting. But my team of physiotherapists and my coach Mike Lee (Opex) are doing a great job to keep me strong and perform while I´m healing.

4) What does your typical workout/diet routine look like?

I train usually twice a day, rest one day a week. To take some load off my knees I swim twice a week. I don´t really have a diet. I try to eat a lot, especially carbs so I have the power to perform. And I LOVE sweets, I drink half glass wine often, I like to enjoy life 😊

5) What new knowledge have you learned over this past year regarding training, lifestyle and nutrition?

For me balance in life is important. Discipline of course but if you don´t treat your body and mind well it´s not going to perform well!

6) Whats your favourite cheat/Treat meal?

Hamburgers but mostly sweets. I love everything that is sweet and fat…..Unfortunately!

7) Whats one supplement that you could not live without?

Fast carbs and BCAA is what I use most, but I could live without it!

8) If you had to start your Journey from scratch with your health & physique what would you do differently and why?

If I could go back 1,5 years I would have worked more on the hip flexibility to avoid the problems that lead to my kneeproblems…Mobility is something I didn’t prioritized enough earlier.

9) Who do you look upto in the fitness industry and why?

There are many athletes that are amazing looking at how they perform. One person that I look up to in crossfit is Sam Briggs. Because she is older like me 😊 and still kick ass among the younger athletes, and also because from what I´ve known her she seem like a fair person.

10) If you had to give one bit of advice to people starting out what would that be?

To have respect for the body, find a good plan to follow and have patience for the development. Because too many people thinks quantity is more important than quality, and this is where the injuries comes.

11) What new goals do you have on the horizon?

This year the goal is to go back to the Games for the 35-39years division!

12) Where can people find you? (website, social media accounts)

Instagram, helena.falk


LATEST 12 QUESTIONS BELOW....................