Friday 16 June 2017

12 Questions with Luke Johnson (Shredded by Science)


1) Who is Luke Johnson? (where are you from, what do you do, a bit about yourself (hobbies, etc) 

I am the Founder, CEO, Head Honcho (any name you want to give it) of Shredded By Science. I spend my time watching Flash on loop with Big Len (my son) and shooting people on Battlefield 1, PS4 of course.


2) How many years have you been training? 

Coming up to 13 years on and off for lifting weights. 

3) Whats been the hardest part of your journey so far? and how have you overcome them (set backs, rejections, injuries, basically anything difficult that you have had to overcome)

I don't see things as the hardest part of the journey. There are specific events that form the journey and they navigate the journey in the future.

4) What does your typical workout/diet routine look like?.

Training 4 days a week at the moment, full body split and I have 1200 calories of cardio per week. My rep ranges vary from 4-12 reps with more work in the higher rep ranges. Thanks contest prep for that amount of cardio.

5) What have you learned over the past year regarding training, lifestyle and nutrition?

If you don't track you don't know. The last 17-18 weeks I have been tracking the macros for my Bodybuilding competition. I've dropped around 14kg and it has been quite easy up to now. Training wise, I have injuries and working with someone more educated than me in that field like Michael from Integra has enabled me to work around my limitations and stay healthy enough to train consistently. Lifestyle wise, it is a mental game. Allowing temptations to be around you and you winning mini-battles, helps for sustainable results. That is just me though.

6) Whats your favourite cheat/Treat meal?

There is no such thing as a cheat meal, food is neither good or bad, it is food. My treat at the moment when dieting has to be my Granola Trifecta, which is Coco Pops Granola, Shreddies Granola and Crunchy Nut Granola with Total Greek yogurt

7) one supplement that you could not live without?

I can live without them all. The one I take the most regularly due to convenience, is whey protein.

8) If you had to start out from scratch with your physique what would you do differently and why?

Not have a 4 year break of training consistently. Why? So I had more fat free mass now.

9) Who do you look upto in the fitness industry and why?

No one in particular. I'm not one to look up to people in fitness or any industry. I respect all of those that have good intentions and help people.

10) If you had to give one bit of advice to people starting out what would that be?

To audit yourself and find out your strengths and likes. Then create a business around those or get a job doing something that compliments your strengths and likes.

11) What new goals are on the horizon? (new goals, aims, etc)

The same goal it has always been. To dominate the fitness industry.

12) Where can people find you? (website, social media accounts).

Go to https://shreddedbyscience.com and click the social icons on the header of the site. You can follow me/us there



LATEST 12 QUESTIONS BELOW....................