Monday 19 March 2018

12 Questions with CrossFit Athlete Jordan Adcock


1) Who is Jordan Adcock? (where are you from, what do you do, a bit about yourself (hobbies, etc)


I’m from North Carolina and previously did competitive cheerleading and also ran track (you wouldn't catch me doing long distances...sprints only!). I have a Bachelor's degree in Nursing and work in Critical Care. When not training or working I'm down for almost any active outdoor activity.

2) How many years have you been training?

I started Crossfit late fall of 2012, and started training towards the goal of competing in 2015.

3) Whats been the most challenging/hardest part of your journey so far? and how have you overcome them (set backs, rejections, injuries, basically anything difficult that you have had to overcome)

Luckily I have not had any major injuries so far.  There was a minor set back in 2014 involving rejection when I was part of a group at a gym who had a team going to regionals. The team had previously gone to the games and that is what they were working towards again. A couple weeks prior to regionals they announced the final team and sadly I was the alternate. It was pretty difficult watching regionals and wanting to be out on the floor competing with them.

4) What does your typical workout/diet routine look like?

I take 2 rest days per week. I typically have two training sessions per day. I weigh and measure all of my food. With nutrition guidance from Mike Molloy at M2 Performance Nutrition.

5) What new knowledge have you learned over this past year regarding training, lifestyle and nutrition? 

I have learnt that I was not eating enough for the type of training/volume I was doing.  Recovery is a big thing! (Stretching, massage therapy, dry needling, and SLEEP). I worked the night shift for 2 years and did not realize what I was missing out on until I finally had a normal sleep schedule again.

6) Whats your favourite cheat/Treat meal?

Sushi...always. 5-6 rolls. Waiters and waitresses are always in shock at how much I eat. Love pizza too, but I only treat myself to that 1-2 times per year.

7) Whats one supplement that you could not live without? 

Max adrenal from Nova 3 Labs and fish oil.

8) If you had to start your Journey from scratch with your health & physique what would you do differently and why?

I would focus more on form from the beginning. I developed bad habits with olympic lifts early on and instead of fixing them I decided to lift heavier and heavier. Later on it became an issue when I was limited with weights on lifts because of technique and not strength. It was frustrating. But then I had to take a step back to make the corrections.

9) Who do you look upto in the fitness industry and why?

I do not really look up to anyone particular in the fitness industry. But its admirable the people who juggle full time jobs and are able to remain highly competitive.

10) If you had to give one bit of advice to people starting out what would that be?

Be patient.

11) What new goals do you have on the horizon? 

Qualifying for 2018 Regionals. Eventually getting back to the Crossfit Games. Whether that be on a team or as an individual.

12) Where can people find you? (website, social media accounts)

Instagram- jaycockk


LATEST 12 QUESTIONS BELOW....................