Friday 23 February 2018

12 Questions with CrossFit Coach/Athlete Katelin Marks


1) Who is Katelin Marks? (where are you from, what do you do, a bit about yourself (hobbies, etc)

I am originally from Toowoomba QLD, I am currently on maternity leave with a 6 month old baby but previously to that I was a Crossfit Coach & worked at ANZ bank. Hobbies......Crossfit......hahaha I also love spending time with my animals & going to new places, especially now having a son. Seeing new things and new places is so exciting.

2) How many years have you been training?

I’ve trained my whole life. I started playing hockey when I was 4 years old and played for 22 odd years but now I’m full time Crossfit. Ive literally been an athlete my whole life.

3) Whats been the most challenging/hardest part of your journey so far? and how have you overcome them (set backs, rejections, injuries, basically anything difficult that you have had to overcome)

In 2011 I was selected for the Australian Hockey Team (Hockeyroos) and had to drop everything and move to Perth at the drop of a hat. Within two weeks of moving I debuted for Australia in Argentina. Dropping everything was really difficult as I was working full time in Brisbane and had an established life. The things we do for our passions!!

4) What does your typical workout/diet routine look like?

I train every day (twice a Day). Some people ask how I can still train so much with a new born, but we just make it work. Hunter loves going to the gym and I’m a firm believer in making sure your children fit into your life. From a nutritional perspective I am currently on ‘The Chief Life’ meal plan (followed strictly) and I love it!!

5) What new knowledge have you learned over this past year regarding training, lifestyle and nutrition?

I learn all the time - since being back from having a baby, I have changed programs and it has been great for me!! Balance balance balance, you have to make sure you have great balance in your life. (So yes, I’ve learned balance is important).

6) Whats your favourite cheat/Treat meal?

I LOVE chocolate :)

7) one supplement that you could not live without?

I don’t take any supplements lol,  I barley drink enough water (naughty) I just make sure I get all my nutrients from my food. Water is very important and I am definitely starting to try and drink more (Love Sparkling water) 💧 

8) If you had to start out from scratch with your physique what would you do differently and why?

I wouldn’t do anything differently - I live by no regrets!!

9) Who do you look upto in the fitness industry and why?

No person in particular, I just love seeing people do their best. People who give 100% effort are the people that inspire me to do my best very day, and now I have my son, I want to teach him that anything is possible if you put your mind to it!!

10) If you had to give one bit of advice to people starting out what would that be?

Have some fun!!!!! Enjoy what you do, enjoy being fit and healthy and keep pushing yourself a little bit further each and every day.

11) What new goals are on the horizon?

My goal has always been to just be the best athlete I possibly can be. I know that’s a very broad goal, but I’m capable of big things, and want to do the best humanly possible to become the best version of me.

12) Where can people find you? (website, social media accounts)

Instagram:- katelin_marks
Facebook Katelin Marks


LATEST 12 QUESTIONS BELOW....................