Tuesday 13 March 2018

12 Questions with CrossFit Coach/Athlete Tasia Percevecz


1) Who is Tasia Percevecz? (where are you from, what do you do, a bit about yourself (hobbies, etc)

My name is Tasia and I am from Phoenix, Arizona. I was born and raised there with my mother, Elaine, sister, Tamar, and my brothers, Caleb and Zach. I am currently a sales rep for a supplement company, Blonyx Biosciences. I am also a passionate crossfit coach! My favorite hobbies include simply being active outside. I love to hike, road bike, and walk the beach! 


2) How many years have you been training?

I have been training crossfit for 5 years. Before CrossFit, I competed in gymnastics for 16 years. 

3) Whats been the most challenging/hardest part of your journey so far? and how have you overcome them (set backs, rejections, injuries, basically anything difficult that you have had to overcome)

The hardest part of my journey has been tearing my labrum in my shoulder and getting a stress fracture in my foot in the same 4 months. It was very heartbreaking to be so limited. Each day I focused on what I could control: my attitude, my physical therapy, and any other ways I could improve my body and mind. I remembered all the things I was grateful for and found joy in everyday. Life is so much bigger than CrossFit. Remember how great it is to be alive and well! The days will pass by and soon enough you will be healthy and strong and back in fighting shape! 

4) What does your typical workout/diet routine look like?

I workout 2-3 times a day, 5-6 times a week. I work with a nutritionist, Mike Molloy, who helps me adjust my macros according to what training I am doing. Over the past year I learned how valuable accessory work and mobility work. DO THEM!!

5) What new knowledge have you learned over this past year regarding training, lifestyle and nutrition?

I learned a lot about listening to my body. I also started spending a lot more time reading books, listening to podcasts, and (trying) to meditate! 

6) Whats your favourite cheat/Treat meal?

My favorite cheat meal is either pizza or donuts! Or pancakes. 

7) Whats one supplement that you could not live without?

I can’t live without my vitamin D and HMB! Both essentials. 

8) If you had to start your Journey from scratch with your health & physique what would you do differently and why?

If I had to start from scratch, I would take much better care of my body when I was young. I would listen to it and not push through injury. I would focus much more on recovery. You only have one life and one body - better listen to it and treat it right! 

9) Who do you look upto in the fitness industry and why?

I look up to Margaux Alvarez. She is definitely an amazing representation of class and hard work. She is kind and humble. At my first big competition, I remember her as the only athlete to go out of her way to introduce herself. Something so little, yet so memorable! 

10) If you had to give one bit of advice to people starting out what would that be?

Enjoy the process!! Live each day in the present. Don’t worry so much about the end goal. Focus on growing yourself as a person, as well as, an athlete. Knowing who you are and that you are enough without sport, will only help you achieve even greater things in sport! 

11) What new goals do you have on the horizon?

Right now, I want to be as fit and ready as I can for my team, CrossFit Mayhem Freedom! I also want to start my own blog and continue growing as a person :) 

12) Where can people find you? (website, social media accounts) 

You can find me on instagram at tasiapercevecz or on my website tasiapercevecz.com!



LATEST 12 QUESTIONS BELOW....................