Wednesday 14 March 2018

12 Questions with CrossFit Athlete Zack George


1) Who is Zack George? (where are you from, what do you do, a bit about yourself (hobbies, etc)

I’m 27 from United Kingdom, I used to play high level of rugby when I was younger up to the age of 17 and then did general fitness and strength training. Finally started Crossfit in 2014 and now own CrossFit BFG with my business partner Harmeet 

2) How many years have you been training?

I have been training Crossfit for 4 years.

3) Whats been the most challenging/hardest part of your journey so far? and how have you overcome them (set backs, rejections, injuries, basically anything difficult that you have had to overcome)

My biggest hurdle would of been a torn bicep which put me out of training for a year in 2014 and then an on going ankle injury which means I can’t do certain movements like box jumps, I manage the rehab well and always stay positive and train around it. 

 4) What does your typical workout/diet routine look like?

My typical weeks training sessions are twice a day Monday/Tuesday, once Wednesday then twice, Thursday, Friday Saturday with a rest day on Sunday.

I have a meal prep sponsor called the health shack (Preston) so they prep my 6 meals a day which is so ideal. 

5) What new knowledge have you learned over this past year regarding training, lifestyle and nutrition?

I have learnt that to get to a decent level in Crossfit you have to dedicate your whole time to that goal, Nutrition has to be solid, sleep has to be solid and also all training has to be correct for your body type. Some training programmes work for some people and not others, we all need to find what suits us best. 

6) Whats your favourite cheat/Treat meal?

Best cheat meal is easy, donuts :) 

7) Whats one supplement that you could not live without?

Creatine 

8) If you had to start your Journey from scratch with your health & physique what would you do differently and why?

There not much I would change but my advice would be to make sure the people around you are supportive and positive. It makes such a big difference being around like minded people everyday trying to achieve the same goal.

9) Who do you look upto in the fitness industry and why?

I look up to the likes of Rich froning Mat Fraser Jason Khalipa & Dan Bailey for what they have done in the sport of Crossfit 

10) If you had to give one bit of advice to people starting out what would that be?

My advice to anyone starting out would be to be patient and learn the basics well. Don’t get carried away with what you see on social media and compare yourself with others. 

11) What new goals do you have on the horizon?

My number 1 goal is to make it to regionals as an individual athlete.

12) Where can people find you? (website, social media accounts)

Instagram: zackgeorge








LATEST 12 QUESTIONS BELOW....................