Friday 30 March 2018

12 Questions with CrossFit Athlete Jamie Greene


1) Who is Jamie Greene? (where are you from, what do you do, a bit about yourself (hobbies, etc)

I'm from Dunedin, New Zealand but currently living in Abu Dhabi in the UAE

2) How many years have you been training?

I grew up training (doing gymnastics from 5-15) and plenty of other sports until I started Crossfit at 21 (5 years ago)

3) Whats been the most challenging/hardest part of your journey so far? and how have you overcome them (set backs, rejections, injuries, basically anything difficult that you have had to overcome)

I've had a few challenging injuries, snapped Achilles when I first started, dislocated shoulder- torn rotator cuff and labrum about 5 months ago but these are all manageable as you have people around to help you out and normally it's for the better and you can focus on other areas of your Crossfit to get better at. The biggest challenge for me is staying 100% motivated throughout the long season we have, obviously you have dips and peaks of motivation so finding your why during those dips is definitely the most challenging.

4) What does your typical workout/diet routine look like?

Ahhh it varies quite a bit depending on work and travel. But a standard week in Abu Dhabi at Crossfit yas, I either wake up 4.30am if I'm on the early classes coach a couple hours do my morning session, coach again, train early arvo into late arvo then coach an hour or two in the evening. If I'm not on earlys I sleep in later and do my first session at home and the rest is the same. Food wise I work with this awesome company called Pura who have my food delivered to the gym every morning, so I eat these meals between training classes and whenever I can. They make life soooo much easier, it's impossible not to eat well.

5) What new knowledge have you learned over this past year regarding training, lifestyle and nutrition?

How important movement prep and being in the right headspace is, now that we train so much and have quite extravagant sessions the importantance of warm up and prepping yourself correctly to ensure you make the most of your session and steer clear of injuries can be a minor difference between good and the best.

6) Whats your favourite cheat/Treat meal?

Ice cream and candy! If you look up black tap on instagram... that's my hangout haha.

7) Whats one supplement that you could not live without?

Greens! Nuzest greens every morning to get moving then a black coffee to follow

8) If you had to start your Journey from scratch with your health & physique what would you do differently and why?

Nothing I don't think, I enjoyed my younger years with zero health haha but I think that's why I find it enjoyable living the quiet life now just training, coaching and recoverying. It's a lot of fun too just because of the awesome bunch we have at yas.

9) Who do you look upto in the fitness industry and why?

I've always looked up to my younger sister, she's a top runner and has never not shown me how to push when the time counted and how to sacrifice things for the long term goal. Otherwise, I've always been a big fan of Julie foucher because she can do everything and do it all well.

10) If you had to give one bit of advice to people starting out what would that be?

Find something that you actually enjoy, that you look forward to each day and you want stop doing that for a long long time.

11) What new goals do you have on the horizon?

I want to go back to the games, focus on the little stuff and give it all I've got

12) Where can people find you? (website, social media accounts)

I'm not big on technology .. but getting there so just instagram @JGreenewod



LATEST 12 QUESTIONS BELOW....................