Tuesday 6 February 2018

12 Questions with Personal Trainer Günter Berdnik


1) Who is Günter Berdnik? (where are you from, what do you do, a bit about yourself (hobbies, etc) 

I am 36, and I am from Vienna Austria, I am a full time personal trainer (24/7). I love all things and health and fitness and through my life managed to make what started as a hobby into a full time Career.


2) How many years have you been training?

20 Years!

3) Whats been the most challenging/hardest part of your journey so far? and how have you overcome them (set backs, rejections, injuries, basically anything difficult that you have had to overcome)

The biggest challenge I have faced was that I broke my knee cap and underleg playing basketball when doing a slam dunk (Since as long as I can remember I wanted to be like Michael Jordan). The injury meant that I had to relearn to walk again which was a great challenge. 

From the age of 16-29 I had no one to help me with my knee rehabilitation, I also had limted money so treatment was difficult to get as no one wanted to help me for free. . Fast forward to today the struggle is in the past as since I completed my education as a personal trainer my problems are in the past.

4) What does your typical workout/diet routine look like?

I try to run 3 times per day and in the evening when all my clients are done I do strength training (Calisthenics). 

My daily intake ranges from 3500-5000 kcal (my life is challenging and I need a lot of calories). 

I eat 4-6 times daily to include protein sources. I try to stay within natural nutrion but as I work as a trainer it’s sometimea difficult to maintain and supplement with shakes/Aminos.

5) What new knowledge have you learned over this past year regarding training, lifestyle and nutrition?

For successfull training you need four things: 

1. ROUTINE
2. PROTEIN
3. WATER
4. SLEEP

6) Whats your favourite cheat/Treat meal?

I don’t do cheat meals.

7) one supplement that you could not live without? 

I could live without supplements, I can get everything I need from a balanced diet.

8) If you had to start out from scratch with your physique what would you do differently and why? 

I think of would strech more and would of done a lot more mobility work as a kid, from a physique perspective I would want to look more like a basketball player, have much less bodyweight to be able to fly like MJ!! 

9) Who do you look upto in the fitness industry and why?

@Thebalanceguru, @fitnesslvrs, my followers and people like you @road_to_gainsville. I respect passion and support.

10) If you had to give one bit of advice to people starting out what would that be?

Make goals and make the impossible possible. Train smart & quality for quantity!!!! 

11) What new goals are on the horizon?

One arm muscle up! 💪🏻

12) Where can people find you? (website, social media accounts)

Instagram @gravity_gunter
FB Günter Berdnik






LATEST 12 QUESTIONS BELOW....................