Thursday 18 January 2018

12 Questions with Jack Oliver (Wisdom 4 Weightlifting)


1) Who is Jack Oliver? (where are you from, what do you do, a bit about yourself (hobbies, etc)

I am a weightlifter who has been lifting for 13 years. I began in South East London / Kent just after I turned 14. I've also been running Wisdom4Weightlifting a coaching business for several years and coach my girlfriend Sarah Davies, who just came 6th in the World Championships. When not working or training, I read or play with the dogs.

2) How many years have you been training?

I started the day after my fourteenth birthday and have now trained in weightlifting for 13 years. For the first few years I was also still playing other sports such as rugby.

3) Whats been the most challenging/hardest part of your journey so far? and how have you overcome them (set backs, rejections, injuries, basically anything difficult that you have had to overcome)

Injury. I've had 3 knee surgeries, multiple injections in my spine and a complete reconstruction of my elbow. I always have targets that I want to hit post surgery and they keep me going.

4) What does your typical workout/diet routine look like?

I train 6 days per week for around 2-3 hours per session. My diet is all planned my Sarah Davies and is nothing too crazy. Normal, home cooked foods. Some treats. No meal prepping and thousands of tupperwares or anything like that.

5) What new knowledge have you learned over this past year regarding training, lifestyle and nutrition? 

I've learnt to listen to my body more. I'm too old to just push through!

6) Whats your favourite cheat/Treat meal?

Love a dirty burger and chips or a fat steak

7) one supplement that you could not live without? 

Bulkpowers Prom3ga. It's fish oils and vitamin D all rolled into one.

8) If you had to start out from scratch with your physique what would you do differently and why?

I probably wouldn't change anything. I've always done some bodybuilding work in my training part because it's functional, part because I enjoy it. I've always trained for performance but I also allow myself to train things that I enjoy so I've always been happy with my physique.

9) Who do you look upto in the fitness industry and why?

Arnold Schwarzenegger because of his achievements in sport, business and politics. What a guy.

10) If you had to give one bit of advice to people starting out what would that be?

Take it steady and learn the basics before trying to rush into anything.

11) What new goals are on the horizon?

Big results at the Commonwealth Games 2018.

12) Where can people find you? (website, social media accounts)

Instragram and twitter @jackolivergb and my website 
wisdom4weightlifting.co.uk

LATEST 12 QUESTIONS BELOW....................